My (nearly) naked block for the SouthernCrossCrazies Needlecase Round Robin is set to commence its travels today.
At this point I plan to use it as focal point with my CQJP2014 blocks.
I have the idea of setting the six inch blocks that I’m working on for the Journal project around the rectangle.
To this end, I have employed similar fabrics in the “needlecase” as I have used in the squares
I didn’t like the thought of my block travelling totally naked, so I added a seam treatment of ivory tatting, plus a brass wheelbarrow charm; the wheelbarrow is heaped with colonial knot flowers instead of weeds.
Hopefully, my fellow stitchers will continue with a gardening theme on the remainder of the block