It’s been quite a while since I set up the Gelli plate and acrylic paints for some play time!
So this afternoon, after I had completed a few chores, and, to be honest, dragged myself away from reading “The Dark Witch” by Nora Roberts, I set up on the back patio to play.
Of course, Sam, being the helpful cat that he is just HAD to check out what I was doing, so I nearly didn’t make a start at all.
Cats, wet paint, squares of fabric and a windy day make for fun times……NOT!
Finally himself got bored and moved away to watch the people walking down the street and I was able to get a few pieces of fabric printed.
There was reasonably gusty sea breeze sneaking through the patio, as well as the temperature being in the high 20s (Celsius) so I added some Textile medium to the paint in a bid to slow down the drying process.
Note to self: don’t forget to purchase a few more tubes of acrylic paint as my colour range is fairly limited now.
A couple of attempts weren’t so marvellous. (see the daisies near the Gelli plate) so hopefully tomorrow I can have another play and introduce another layer or two that will improve the result .Keep your fingers crossed that Sam doesn’t want to play with paint too!
I’m thinking of trying a Crazy Patch method when I start constructing the cards………